From: tom keyes (keyes_at_chem.bu.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 09:44:41 CDT

On Thu, Oct 4, 2001 1:47 AM, B. Bennion <mailto:bbennion_at_u.washington.edu>
wrote:
>crd files work very nicely. This file is just a text file with three
>columns of atomic positions, VMD does need to know how many atoms to put
>in a single frame though. My group used crd files for awhile. An
>intitial pdb file will give cmd what it needs to know.
>
>your can access several file formats using the molecule menu.

Brian,
 Thanks, it would be very convenient to be able to use a text file with 3
cols xyz, my usual way of writing trajectories. However all I find in the
Molecule menu using crd is parm and crd. How do you load pdb and crd? If I
figure out how to write a parm file can I just load it plus my trajectories
renamed .crd?
 BTW I said yesterday VMD choked on loading a big file of repeated pdb
files for different time steps. When I made the file smaller by taking just
a few time steps it read it but said it was one frame with more atom, the
number of atome = the true number times the number of time steps.
Tom