From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 10:06:46 CST

Hi Angelo,
  In general, you'll need:
- XFree86 4.x
- GLU library (may need a Mesa install in order to have this)
- In order to get any hardware 3-D acceleration, the video driver
  you are running in XFree86 must support DRI.

You can get further information about all of this sort of stuff
from these pages:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.6/linuxrelnotes.html
  http://www.linux3d.org/
  http://www.xfree86.org/4.0/DRI.html

I don't believe you'll need any Glide library to use the board.
Also, depending on what your linux system is like, you may need to
run an "alternate" binary, which was built against different libraries.
But, you should be able to test that your hardware 3-D is working just
by doing the stuff in the XFree86 help docs..

Let me know if you need more help with this stuff..