From: Jeff Comer (jeffcomer_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2014 - 08:19:39 CST

Hi,

It sounds to me like you didn't download the source code. NAMD can be
downloaded in binary distributions or as source code.

Jeff

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––———————
Jeffrey Comer, PhD
Assistant Professor
Institute of Computational Comparative Medicine
Nanotechnology Innovation Center of Kansas State
Kansas State University
Office: P-213 Mosier Hall
Phone: 785-532-6311

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 2:55 AM, Abdul Kadir Mukarram <
mukarram_at_siswa.um.edu.my> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am new to Molecular Dynamics field and I wanna learn NAMD to run
> molecular dynamics of certain proteins.
>
> I have problems when I am trying to compile NAMD 2.9_Linux-x86_64 under a
> dual Intel® Xeon® Processor E5405 machine and it's using Scientific Linux.
> For your information, I am a basic user of Linux, but I am eager to learn
> more.
>
> Fftw, tcl, gcc, g++, and charm++ were all successfully installed. But when
> I am trying to compile NAMD, I cannot find "Make.charm" file nor the config
> file under my working directory (the directory of extracted NAMD tar.gz
> file). I cannot figure out what's wrong with my steps as I followed the
> tutorial carefully. I've even tried different versions of charm and NAMD
> file but still it's not working.
>
> Anyone can help me?
>
> Thank you very much before.
>
> Regards,