From: Timothy Isgro (timisgro_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2007 - 15:04:22 CST

Hi Won-Young,
By specifying "wrapWater on" in your NAMD configuration file, NAMD
will wrap the coordinates of water molecules. "wrapAll" and
"wrapNearest" provide similar functionality.

 From the NAMD User's Guide (http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/
current/ug/) under "Periodic boundary conditions":
# wrapWater < wrap water coordinates around periodic boundaries? >
Acceptable Values: on or off
Default Value: off
were read in. Hence, if part of a molecule crosses a periodic
boundary it is not translated to the other side of the cell on
output. This option alters this behavior for water molecules only.

# wrapAll < wrap all coordinates around periodic boundaries? >
Acceptable Values: on or off
were read in. Hence, if part of a molecule crosses a periodic
boundary it is not translated to the other side of the cell on
output. This option alters this behavior for all contiguous clusters
of bonded atoms.

# wrapNearest < use nearest image to cell origin when wrapping
coordinates? >
Acceptable Values: on or off
cell centered on the origin. This option, combined with wrapWater or
wrapAll, wraps coordinates to the nearest image to the origin,
providing hexagonal or other cell shapes.

-Tim

On Jan 29, 2007, at 1:42 PM, <wahn_at_uiuc.edu> <wahn_at_uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Dear NAMD users,
>
> I ran a molecular dynamic simulation in a NVT ensemble with NAMD.
>
> When I tried to examine the trajectory with VMD, I noticed that
> some water molecules are located outside of the periodic box. Is
> that possible? If it is possible, how can I wrap all water
> molecules in a periodic box.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Won-Young
>
> **