From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2007 - 12:48:33 CDT

Hi Charlotte,
out of curiosity, how did you generate the membrane around the protein?
The easiest way to do this is with the membrane plugin; if you did it
that way, you should already have a pdb and psf of the membrane embedded
protein.

In general, if you want to move and save things together in VMD, it's
best to make them part of same molecule. If you have pdb files of the
two separate molecules, you can just concatenate them in a text editor
and remove all END tags except for the one at the very end of the file.

Please let me know if this doesn't clear things up.

Best,
Peter