From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2007 - 15:06:53 CDT

Hi,
  This is possible too, but adding new fonts also represents a fair amount
of work. For now, I'd prefer to complete the work that I've started and
see if that ameliorates the problem for most people, and we can go from there
if there's still a strong need for a better solution for text rendering in
the external renderers. I'm going to be out of the office for two weeks,
but I hope to get back to this when I return.