From: Petrica GASCA (petricag_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2007 - 06:06:55 CDT

Hello,

I read your conversation, and although I am not that familiar with image
processing, I was wondering if in a image renderer (like POV-Ray) wouldn't
be possible to implement text like the one we see on digital displays
(watches for eg). It could be implemented using small cylinders which
intersect. That way I think we needn't worry about ends that don't match up
perfectly in the file text format.
Personally I don't need state of the art fonts, and this would be a
sufficient solution for people who need lots of labels in lots of files
(unfesable with further image processing tools).

Petrica