From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Mon May 28 2007 - 10:51:07 CDT

On Sun, 27 May 2007, Cesar Luis Avila wrote:

cesar,

CLA> I read on the documentation that taychon does not support clipping
CLA> planes, which is a very important feature for me in this case.

have you actually _tried_ it? it looks to me, as if the
documentation, that you were looking at is outdated, since
it works for me with vmd-1.8.6...

CLA> Is there a way in linux to create such a buffer through ssh? ssh -X is
CLA> not a solution since it uses the rendering capabilities of the local

well. theoretically, you could launch a remote X-server (given you have
the priviledges to do so) and access it via setting the VMDGDISPLAY
variable to it. you could render into that buffer and get the output
via snapshots, but you would not see anything of it locally.

axel.