From: Claw Isthelaw (clawisthelaw_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sun May 20 2007 - 16:20:30 CDT

Hi John,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a shell script that executes an NAMD simulation of a protein in water and simultaneously fires up VMD, just for visual inspection and interest. Automatically shutting down VMD after the simulation completes is just for keeping a clean workspace, nothing more. How would I go about monitoring the incoming IMD timesteps. I have some tcl experience, but just have a difficult time getting started.

Jeff