From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri May 11 2007 - 10:51:53 CDT

Francesco,
  The configuration you describe (NAMD on your amd64 machine,
communicating with VMD via IMD) should be no problem. You simply
install NAMD on the amd64 machine, and install VMD on whatever
other machine you like. Making them communicate with each other is
simply a matter of loading the same structures in both NAMD and VMD,
enabling IMD in the NAMD config file, and either using text commands
or the Extensions->Simulation->IMD Connect menu item.

There are some IMD-specific tutorials here:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/imd/

>From your emails, it wasn't clear to me what precisely you need help
with. It's much easier for us to answer specific questions than general
ones, so if you can tell us what specific problems you need help with,
we should be able to help you more effectively.