From: Francesco Pietra (chiendarret_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 11 2007 - 02:50:29 CDT

Axel:
Thanks. Although I'll follow your suggestion to run
tutorials, I find difficult to get rid of my (bad)
mood. That is, first of all I want to have VMD
installed on the x-Gnome-iceweasel-i386 being able to
talk with NAMD installed on the amd64 machine (where
no X system). (Neither one is installed at the moment:
VMD binary version with IMD support, as another kind
guy has suggested?).

I have the VMD 1.8.6 Linux release notes and User's
Guide, though I am unable to find a section describing
how to get remote way of operating. The browser
installed on i386 (iceweasel = Debian version of
firefox) does allow remote control (unlike the
browsers of both KDE and GNOME). I have already set up
successfully such way of remote operating with other
similar systems for MD and the connection between the
two machines was the first thing that I put in order.

Thanks
francesco

--- Axel Kohlmeyer <akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu>

It's here! Your new message!