From: Ralph Jimenez (rjimenez_at_jila.colorado.edu)
Date: Mon May 07 2007 - 21:37:38 CDT

Dear VMDers:

I downloaded MSMS from TSRI's web site, but it doesn't work, probably because my
environment variables aren't set. I get the "Could not connect to MSMS
server..." error message.

I need help with two things, which are alluded to in several places in the VMD
docs and mailing list, but I need more explicit instructions:

1. Could someone please tell me which commands need to be added to which file so
that VMD finds msms?

2. The 1.8.6 release notes say "it is necessary to set the VMDMSMSUSEFILE
environment variable to work around incompatible endianness..." So which command
do I need to add to which file to do this part?

Thanks for your time.
Ralph

Ralph Jimenez, Ph.D.
JILA/NIST and Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
440 UCB
University of Colorado, Boulder
Boulder, CO 80309-0440
Tel: (303) 492-8439