From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2007 - 11:00:26 CDT

As it stands now, you can edit the charges by hand in molefacture, and
make use of paratool
(http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/plugins/paratool/) to get charges
from QM calculations. I had also been planning to add simpler charge
calculation routines (eg, Gasteiger charges) directly into molefacture,
but haven't yet done so. Obviously, because atomic partial charges are
not uniquely defined, how you get the charges will be determined by what
your intended application is.
Peter