From: Avell Diroll (avelldiroll_at_yahoo.fr)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2007 - 10:05:40 CDT

Dear VMD-L,

I would like to place a protein inside a membrane. For that purpose I am
using VMD move tool (mouse->move->molecule) to superpose the membrane
and the protein.
In order to adjust the protein placement/orientation I load the protein
lipophilicity potential map and displays it as isosurfaces. I would like
to move the protein with its map but the VMD move tool leave the volume
data in place.
Is there a way to move the volume data (or a fixed representation of the
data) with the protein?

Thanks for any help

Regards,

Julien

PS: for those interested, I just posted the code to generate the
lipophilicity potential maps, you may find it here:
http://code.google.com/p/pymlp/

Julien Lefeuvre - PhD student
Institut Européen de Chimie et de Biologie (IECB)
UMR 5248 CBMN «Chimie et Biologie des Membranes et des Nanoobjets»
CNRS-Universite Bordeaux 1-ENITAB
2, rue Robert Escarpit - 33607 Pessac Cedex - France
Tél. : 33 (0)5 40 00 30 31
Fax. : 33 (0)5 40 00 30 73
http://www.iecb.u-bordeaux.fr