From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 28 2007 - 18:17:29 CDT

Hi,
  Those of you running VMD 1.8.5 on Windows XP x64 machines
are already aware that the old InstallShield installers don't work
correctly with the new x64 versions of Windows. I've just made
a new beta test version of VMD 1.8.6 (beta 15) using
InstallShield 10.5, which works for me on my XP x64 test machine.

I would appreciate feedback from those people running 64-bit
Windows machines as to how well the new installer works for them.
I've posted the new test build in the VMD Public project on biocore,
and the new installer is named "vmd186b15.msi":
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/

If all goes well, a version of this will become the new installer
we'll use for the VMD 1.8.6 release.

Thanks,