From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2007 - 15:56:23 CDT

Dear Zheng,
  The PBCTools plugin is new. In order to use it, you'll either want to
install one of the test versions of VMD 1.8.6, or download a copy of the new
plugins from CVS and copy them into a local plugin directory accessible
to your VMD 1.8.5 installation. Installing a test version of VMD 1.8.6 is
likely the simplest route if you want to do this very quickly on a Windows
machine. You can get test versions of VMD 1.8.6 on biocore, as described:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/

The original PBC scripts that preceded the new PBCTools plugin are also
still available in the VMD script library if you want to try those out.
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/