From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 02:59:19 CST

Hi,
  In the main VMD window, use File -> Render to open the
rendering menu, which will have Snapshot selected by default.
Choose a file name, and take the snapshot. Be sure not to cover
the graphics window with other windows while taking the snapshot
as some video drivers will actually grab the pixels from the
obscuring window rather than the ones that would have been from
VMD. This and other related topics are discussed in the
VMD Images and Movies Tutorial on the VMD web site.