From: Pawel Weronski (pawel_at_lanl.gov)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2007 - 15:54:25 CST

Dear VMD experts,

I have tried to save simulation frames of a part of my system using the
command:

animate write dcd my_file_name waitfor all sel my_selection

I found that this command works in Linux version of VMD if there is no
selection entered in the command line only, i.e.,

animate write dcd my_file_name waitfor all

I have also found that, unlike in, e.g., Windows version of VMD, it is
impossible to save any part of my system using the VMD File menu: File
-> Save Coordinates... -> Save because it does not give the option to
define the saved subsystem. Is it really the case?

Any advice will be appreciated,

Pawel