From: Peter Hains (phains_at_eye.usyd.edu.au)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2007 - 23:21:52 CST

Hi all,

I am trying to get the MSMS representation to work on a Windows
machine (Win XP SP2). I am using VMD 1.8.5. I have looked over the
manuals and mail archive, but I can't find anything useful. The
manual does have an esoteric reference to the environment variable
(pg 63, section 5.1.16) for MSMSSERVER, but I'm afraid I can't work
out what it the author is directing me to do....

I also want to work out the solvent accessible area for certain
residues in my structure. I was going to use the 'sasa' command for
this. I haven't worked out how to do this as yet, but I should be
fine. Can anybody suggest another way of determining solvent
accessibility, other than VMD that doesn't involve a command line
interface? ie. some Windows program? I can cope with command line
interfaces, but I'm afraid I'm a point and click person at heart.

Thanks for any advice,

Peter