From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Dec 23 2006 - 01:02:19 CST

Ah yes, the infamous spaces-in-filenames issue; this had been causing
problems on windows. This bug should have been fixed in the 1.8.5 plugin
update -- did you download a fresh copy of the 1.8.5 installer? If so,
please try the 1.8.6 alpha instead
(http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/). Please let me know if you
still have problems.
Peter