From: Karsten SUHRE (karsten.suhre_at_gsf.de)
Date: Tue Dec 19 2006 - 02:05:13 CST

> Does somebody have the reference for the program "STRIDE" that vmd uses to
> calculate protein secondary structure? (I am probably taking a shortcut
> here by asking you guys and not doing a search myself, but hope you don't
> mind).

Hi !

VMD tells you this when you switch to cartoon mode:

vmd > Info) In any publication of scientific results based in part or
Info) completely on the use of the program STRIDE, please reference:
Info) Frishman,D & Argos,P. (1995) Knowledge-based secondary structure
Info) assignment. Proteins: structure, function and genetics, 23, 566-579.

Kind regards,

Karsten.