From: Samuel C Flores (samuel.flores_at_yale.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2006 - 12:37:04 CST

Beautiful. I once wrote a program to turn an STL model into slices, which
we then cut out of metal and brazed together to make a model like the one
you described. Vertical pin guides incorporated into the STL model were
used to align the slices. Unfortunately it's gone now (that was years ago).
Significant coding was required, so I would say your idea of using the
clipping plane manually is probably the quickest way. Even if you can get a
code you would still have to adapt it to give you the proper spacing between
layers, scale and orient the slices, and print them out.

What a great project.

Sam

Samuel Flores

Gerstein Lab