From: Jennie Thomas (jenniet_at_uci.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2006 - 13:13:46 CST

Hello John,

Thanks for your help with this. I'm using VMD for MACOSXX86, version
1.8.5 (August 25, 2006). I would be happy to send you an example
script and also the trajectory I'm using if you would like to do a test.

When I load the dcd trajectory in vmd, I can get the box information
at every timestep by simply changing the frame and using:

atomselect top get a
atomselect top get b
atomselect top get c

So, there is no doubt that vmd has the box information at every
timestep loaded correctly. However, the box information is missing
when I write the .crd file. Instead of getting the actual box
information I get 0.0 0.0 0.0 in place of the box dimensions. This
is a cubic box, so I don't need alpha, beta, and gamma.

Thanks!
Jennie