From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2006 - 18:25:14 CDT

Hi,
  The easy way is to load only those trajectory frames
that you want to include in your movie... This can be
done by setting the first/last/stride values in the
file loading interface when you load the trajectory file.
You could also use the "user defined" movie type, and write
a short script that steps through the frames (see the example
in the VMD movie documentation) starting with your frame of
interest.