From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2006 - 14:37:55 CDT

Ravi,
  I've never seen or heard of this sort of problem before, to me that
sounds like some sort of memory corruption issue. Do you have a test
case that reproduces the problem with high probability? As you can imagine,
thousands of VMD users perform the operations you're describing. The only
question is what specific representations they use and what other things
they might be doing with their structures. Which platform are you running on?
I actually wonder if it's a system level runtime library issue of some kind.