From: Ravinder Abrol (abrol_at_wag.caltech.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2006 - 15:20:28 CDT

Hi All,
This problem doesn't occur consistently, so I don't know how to fix it.

With a fresh VMD start, when I load a protein with helices, all helices
are displayed correctly using all graphical representations. After a few
interations of deleting molecules and loading new molecules, a few of the
helices (not all) stop being displayed (almost randomly) in [Trace to
NewCartoon] representations. [Line to Licorice] representations display
fine. When I close VMD and start a fresh session, everything is ok again.
I have encountered this problem in both VMD1.8.4 and VMD1.8.5. I haven't
tried older versions for this.

Any solutions will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Ravi