From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2006 - 14:00:58 CDT

On 9/8/06, Neelanjana Sengupta <senguptan_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Axel,
>
> Thanks for those pointers. However I need a clarification:
> Suppose I find the effective matrix responsible for the net transformation
> at each step. The way to apply a matrix transformation is with selections,
> $sel move $mat_change
>
> How can I create a selection corresponding to the cell basis vectors? Or,

you create a selection for _all_ atoms (in the unitcell), then move/rotated,
apply PBC via the regular orthogonal box criterion, move/rotate back
and go to the next step. if you want to mainain that molecules stay intact,
you have to act a little smarter. basically, you should be able to take
major parts of the pbcwrap script and just feed it your cell vectors.

axel.