From: Neelanjana Sengupta (senguptan_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 12:14:44 CDT

Hi Axel,

I had asked about the min. img. convention when the simulation system is
translated and rotated. As per your suggestion: "you just have to
(temporarily) find a transformation so that
the coordinates are in a simple orthonomal basis again."

------ I created a matrix "{a 0 0 0} {0 b 0 0} {0 0 c 0} {0 0 0 1}" for the
cell basis, and multiplied it with my effective translation/rotation matrix.

1. The resultant does not necessarily have the 4th row/column as {0 0 0 1}.
2. How can I apply the routine orthonomal_basis (from pbcwrap.tcl) to the
resultant 4X4 matrix, as orthonormal_basis can accept 3 vectors?

Some more suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thank you and regards,
Neelanjana

please have a look at the pbcwrap script from the vmd script
library. you just need to use some of the lowlevel subroutines
and feed them your shifted origin and rotated cell vectors.