From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 11:37:48 CDT

Hi,
  Which NVidia driver version are you using? The problem of course is
that there's a bug in the driver, but it would be useful to know which
driver that is. My guess is that your driver may be just a bit too
old and doesn't correctly support the "glFrontFacing" fragment state variable.
Unfortunately, some of the newest drivers are broken in new and different
ways. I'm using the NVidia windows driver version 84.12 (march 2006)
on my test machine and it works correctly on all counts.

If you prefer not to change your driver, you could also use the older
VMD GLSL shaders from VMD 1.8.4, but the quality of the output from the
new shader is much better (due to the use of glFrontFacing rather than
an old hack I used to use to get around broken video drivers...)