From: Marc Charendoff (mcharend_at_sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 19:48:11 CDT

Hey All,

After wrestling with the *.gro file end-of-file issue
I though about the situation...

1. Some files I appended arbitrary box vectors to
revealed structures in VMD that looked "smeared."

2. Some .gro files I couldn't view regardless of the
box vectors I inserted.

3. GROMACs exploded on initial energy minimization
run.

4. VMD kept on giving me "unexpected end-of-file"
errors.

On a whim, I woke up this morning and resaved my text
*.gro files under the option "MS DOS with LIne Breaks"
and voila' I'm up and running. Just wanted to post
this for those in the future (although I think they
will probably be much brighter than I) and thank the
moderators for putting up with me.

Regards, Marc