From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2006 - 17:49:32 CDT

Hi,
  I've just posted test builds of VMD 1.8.5 for all but two
platforms, and would appreciate any feedback people can give
me as I'll be starting to build release candidates this week.
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/

Of particular interest, the MacOS X builds for PowerPC now
will now require MacOS X 10.4. The new MacOS X builds
(both ppc and x86) support stereo on the high-end Macs
with NVidia Quadro cards, and have Python support enabled.

The new test version also includes the updated color scale
bar plugin discussed on VMD-L the other day, and many other new
and updated plugins.

If there are any VMD users still running MacOS X 10.3, now
is the time for you to let me know, as I can still build
an additional 10.3 version of VMD 1.8.5, but I won't do it
unless people specifically ask me to.

If you encounter any problems with the test version, please
let me know ASAP.

Thanks,