From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2006 - 00:00:11 CDT

On 8/9/06, Hai-Jun Su <haijunsu_at_iastate.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a stripped version of VMD source code? I only need the
> visualization and file I/O part of VMD.
>
> I intend to incorporate these two parts in my application. Is that possible?
> Is there an easy way to do so?

why don't you integrate your application (what is it, btw?)
into VMD? either via a plugin or integrate it into the source code
directly. given the fact, that the storage needed by VMD
is usually determined by the amount of data loaded.and that
the visualization is pretty much bound to the script intefaces,
there is little that you can do apart from using the full source.
it would probably be easier to rewrite the code than ripping it
apart. but then again, it really depends on what you want
to do with it...

axel