From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2006 - 11:24:20 CDT

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Leonardo Trabuco wrote:

LT> Hi,
LT>
LT> On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 11:02:20AM -0400, Yuri Nedialkov wrote:
LT> > I have a problem to find the way to color the part of the atom in one color
LT> > in VMD. For example, in nucleotide-three-phosphate (NTP) I need to color
LT> > three phosphates in one color and don't touch the other part of the
LT> > molecule.
LT>
LT> You can create a new representation with only the atoms you want to
LT> change the color, and change the color of the representation to whatever
LT> you want.

note, that for consistent output (especially to on external
renderers), you have to either exclude those special atoms
from other representations of the same type or make the single
color one a tiniest bit larger (works only on the script level,
though), so it will for sure override the default colored one.

axel.