From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2006 - 13:21:22 CDT

Hi,
  Do let me know if you get the SpaceTraveller to work
with my Unix drivers (which are different than the Windows version of
VMD). I've been wanting to add support for the official 3DConnexion
Spaceball drivers on Unix, but haven't had a chance to work on it yet.
It didn't matter for the older Spaceball devices, but I don't have code
to talk to some of the newest variations, and I don't have one locally
to test with, so I may have to add the 3DConnexion Unix driver to VMD
in order to solve this.