From: James Rustad (rustad_at_geology.ucdavis.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2006 - 13:19:21 CDT

One code that will do this kind of thing is ECCE from Pacific
Northwest National
Lab, its free but you have to fax a registration form.
Ecce replaces the old XMOL functionality. Its odd
that xmol did this, and was written in the mid 80's.
Xmol was a real gem for ease of use with small systems.

Jmol is supposed to be a clone, but is not as convenient
in my experience. Ecce works very well.

Jim Rustad
jrrustad_at_ucdavis.edu