From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu May 25 2006 - 14:48:50 CDT

Hi,
  I've made a special 64-bit Linux build for you which has the maximum
bond limit raised to 16 bonds per atom. I've posted this test version on
BioCoRE in the VMD Public project. Follow the instructions here to
get logged into BioCoRE and access these files:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/alpha/

The file you want is in BioFS, in the 'alpha' directory, as:
  vmd-1.8.5a3maxbond16.bin.LINUXAMD64.opengl.tar.gz

Let me know if you need help with anything else on this.