From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 14:39:44 CDT

Hi,
  This is an unusual sounding problem. When you installed VMD, did you
have enough free RAM and disk space? (they normally recommend closing
other programs when running installers) You will want to check your
hard disk to see how close to full it is. If these don't appear to be
a problem, then there many be some other DLL or software package that's
interfereing with the VMD InstallShield installer. Worst case, if you're
unable to find any other way to get it installed correctly, you could
simply unpack a Zipped "installed image" of VMD on your machine
and run it from the directory where you unpack it. If you wish to try
that, let me know and I'll post a Zip file for you to try out.