From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 13:19:13 CDT

A simple way to work around the fact that the .vmdrc is loaded
after the molecules, is to loop over all of the representations
(which will begin life as 'lines') and re-set them. You can write
a loop for that in the .vmdrc so that the reps get updated when the
.vmdrc runs. Alternately, you could hack the very vmdinit.tcl script
to add the mol default commands if this is your own private
installation of VMD. It's probably worth having two versions of
.vmdrc, one that runs before command line arguments are processed
and before files are loaded, and one that runs afterwards, but that's
something I'll have to work on at a later time.