From: Ting Wang (twang_at_ucdavis.edu)
Date: Wed May 17 2006 - 13:52:21 CDT

Dear John,

Thanks for your reply.

Here I have another question about the lipid bilayer constructed in VMD.

There is overlap between the legs of the two lipids from each layer. This
results in a thickness of ca. 37A for the POPC lipid bilayer . But after
MD simulations, the overlap becomes much more and the thickness is only
27-29A. Is this the right thickness value?

I noticed that there is no leg overleap in the initial structure of the
lipid bilayer constructed differently by other people (e.g. Peter Tieleman)
and 37A is the equilibrated thickness.

Thanks!

Ting