From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2006 - 13:51:41 CDT

Hi,
  VMD should have no trouble reading the trajectory or the unit cell
information from the AMBER trajectory, regardless of the space filling
unit cell shape represented. The challenge is to interpret the unit cell
side lengths and angles in the AMBER trajectory correctly when doing things
like coordinate wrapping/unwrapping, and so on with your own scripts.
The PBC display features in VMD currently work for the simpler box
shaped unit cells, but you won't be able to display a full truncated
octahedron unit cell conveniently with the built-in interfaces at present.