From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2006 - 17:46:14 CDT

Hi,
  The contact map plugin calculates distances between "CA" atoms,
so if you have differing atom names etc, it's not going to work.
You can use the "measure contacts" command to do the same type of
thing, but more efficiently and with no limitation on what atoms
you're able to compare. See the VMD User's Guide for more information
on that command.