From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 23:55:53 CDT

Hi,
  Which version of VMD are you running on your SGI machine?
The older versions didn't include the psfgen plugin, so they would
not be usable for the current versions of the tutorials. The startup
messages printed in the VMD console should indicate which version it is.
You can also verify whether or not your VMD has psfgen with the command:
  package require psfgen
(which should return the version number of the psfgen plugin, if it exists)