From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 09:45:01 CDT

Hi,
  This does depend greatly on the software the printing people
are using. If they can't accept the STL files generated when you
have atom spheres in the model, then the best course of action would
be to change your representation to "MSMS", as almost all of the
3-D printing packages I've seen will accept the geometry from MSMS
surfaces. (some packages won't accept VDW models because the spheres
intersect with each other, which can also upset their software..)
Let me know if you need more help with this.