From: Jean Richelle (jean.richelle_at_ulb.ac.be)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 09:39:53 CDT

Hello,

I have used the 3D rendering facility of VMD to create a STL file
(the PDB source is the DNA part of 1FOS).
I gave the STL file for a "3D printing" to a specialized company; but
they told me that there is a problem in the file : for each sphere
half of the triangles locate the "material" correctly, i.e. inside
the sphere, but the other half locate the "material" outside the
sphere. They told me that this could be due to the order of the
triangles in the file. They tried with different programs, and the
problem can not be solved, and appears with all of them.
Does anybody knows about STL and such type of problems ?
Thank you for your help.

Jean

--
Jean Richelle <jean.richelle_at_ulb.ac.be>
Directeur                                                   Tél: +32