From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 09:50:08 CST

Hi,
  Actually there's a bit of code I wrote some months ago which modulates
the width of the NewRibbons representation based on the per-atom value
of a selected data field. I've been meaning to make this code available
by changing the graphical and text interfaces to provide a way to turn
it on, but haven't gotten around to it yet. At present it can be enabled
with a special environment variable. If you want to give it a try I can
tell you how to turn it on.