From: Fan,Huajun (hjfan_at_pvamu.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 20 2006 - 21:18:32 CST

Hi, Please help me with this installation process. I download the 1.8.4b
version of VMD and gunzip and untar it. once I get into the untar-ed
directory and type the following command. It does nothing. here is the
output:

[root_at_localhost]# ./configure
using configure.options: LINUX OPENGL ACTC FLTK TK IMD SPACEBALL
LIBTACHYON VRPN TCL PYTHON PTHREADS NUMPY SILENT
[root_at_localhost]# cd src/
[root_at_localhost]# make
make: *** No rule to make target `y.tab.h', needed by `vmd_LINUX'.
Stop.
[root_at_localhost]# ../configure
cat: configure.options: No such file or directory
using configure.options:
Architecture not supported (IRIX6 IRIX6_64 FREEBSD HPUX11 AIX4 LINUX
LINUXALPHA LINUXAMD64 LINUXPPC MACOSX TRU64 SOLARIS2 SOLARIS2_64
SOLARISX86 WIN32)