From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 10 2006 - 13:52:53 CST

Hi,
  Presently there's no VTK file reader for VMD, but in my quick
look at the VTK example data on one particular web site, it looks like
writing a VTK geometry reader for VMD wouldn't be very difficult.
It might take someone a couple days to write the necessary code to load
VTK geometry into VMD. Here's a page I saw that has some examples:
  http://www.csit.fsu.edu/~burkardt/data/vtk/vtk.html

There would likely be many specific VTK features that one would not be
able to fully support in VMD, but presumably you'd just read in the types
of VTK data that are useful to display alongside a molecule in VMD.