From: Dan White (dan_at_chalkie.org.uk)
Date: Thu Jan 26 2006 - 01:42:09 CST

Hi,

recent rpm releases of ppmtompeg are broken,
the developer has fixed the bug,
and you need to install a recent CVS snapshot of NetPBM
ant it should work,
although I didnt test it myself yet!

cheers

Dan

On Jan 25, 2006, at 6:23 PM, vmd-l digest wrote:

> Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:50:56 -0600
> From: John Stone <johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu>
> Subject: Re: vmd-l: vmdmovie (ppmtompeg) doesn't work
>
> Hi,
> Is the NetPBM build that you're using one that comes with FC4, or
> is it one that you build for yourselves back on the FC3 machine, or
> after upgrading the FC4 machine? I've heard reports from another user
> recently that the most recent NetPBM (as of last month) had problems
> with ppmtompeg. Since you too are experiencing difficulty, I'd
> suggest
> that you report the problem to the NetPBM developers, so that they
> have
> more information on the range of problems that users are experiencing:
> I'd send a note to Bryan Henderson and check with him about the
> problem
> you're experiencing if it's a build of the most recent NetPBM
> releases:
> http://netpbm.sourceforge.net/
> bryanh_at_giraffe-data.com
>
> Let me know if you need more help reporting this or getting help from
> the NetPBM guys.
>
> John Stone
> vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Bioimaging Coordinator
Nanoscience Centre and Department of Biological and Environmental
Sciences
Division of Molecular Recognition
Ambiotica C242
PO Box 35