From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 24 2006 - 11:25:06 CST

I'm going to see about building John a different binary as per another
email, but for the general edification of others: At present, the VMD
builds can only work with the Python library they are compiled against.
So if one has an existing Python library with tons of modules that are
already installed, the only reasonable option is to compile VMD from source
against this existing locally-installed Python library. While not too
difficult, this is still a tad trickier than I'd like, and so I plan
to spend a little time trying to make this easier since there's a LOT
more diversity in people's Python installs than in Tcl etc.

  John