From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 24 2006 - 10:09:12 CST

Dean,
  Yes, the RCSB PDB site changed in a way that breaks the old webpdb plugin.
Can you verify that you've got the plugin update 3 installed correctly?
If you have installed the update correctly, added the .vmdrc lines to load
them, and all of the paths etc are correct, you should get a message that
looks similar to this (though not the same) when VMD starts up:

Found 21 plugins or data handlers in directory
        '/home/johns/plugins/compile/lib_SOLARIS2_64/molfile'

If you're not seeing that message at startup, then VMD isn't seeing
the plugin update.

Let me know if you need more help with this.